Saturday, August 25, 2012

Artist Review - BROM


You know this guy featured above, right?  Well, I hope so.  If you don't you better head to his website right now and learn all about him.

The artist in question is BROM, who I've had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times, and though he gives off a creepy vibe in his excellent illustrations, he's quite humorous in real life.  If you ever have the chance of meeting him (It seems he'll be at NYComicCon), don't hesitate.

Brom's art always borders on the sick and twisted line, but it's done in a gracious way.  Every time I see another new painting, it captivates and scares me, at the same time.  I see this as his intention, so well done.

Brom started as an illustrator and has been giving people nightmares for decades.  You're probably wondering why, I'm talking about him now, right?  Well, in the last few years he's been publishing illustrated novels/stories.  There are 3 you can pick up right now: The Devil's Rose, The Plucker and The Child Thief.  If you want to dip inside a twisted mind, these are the books to bring you there.  The Plucker is my favorite. (Not because it's the best written, but because I have a thing for evil toys...their stories are just fun to me)

If you have all three already, Brom's publishing a new book come October called KRAMPUS: The Yule Lord.  It's a new take on Santa, and from the prologue on his site Krampus Prologue it sounds awesome.  I will definitely be picking this up to complete my collection.

But that's not all!  Brom has a kickstarter right now, which I'm currently a backer, for a new comprehensive look at his decades of art.  The project has already met it's goal, which doesn't surprise me one bit, so if you want an art book that will be worth money in the future (he's offering some great gifts for backers), then head over there right now and add yourself to the backer list.  Right now.  Why are you still reading this...go!

Everything and more can be seen at his site.  So head over there from here.

http://www.bromart.com/index.html



No comments: