Sunday, January 20, 2013

Violent Video-Games Create Sickos

Smile, and then wait for the flash!

The Barnum and Bailey rejects that have surfaced in Washington, are attempting to scratch the violent media rash that's plagued our society for decades.  If you haven't been paying much attention, I don't blame you, in fact I applaud you.  The following work is ridiculous and is written to show exactly how foolish all this crap really sounds.  Enjoy.

Let me start out by saying the effects of watching violent movies and playing violent video games, are creating psychopaths right in my very own neighborhood.  Why, just the other day there were a few zombies just hanging out, minding their own business on my front lawn—and really, how much trouble can zombies get into—shuffling around, enjoying the fresh air when out of nowhere this sword wielding freak jumps out of the bushes and starts hacking them to pieces.  It was horrible.  Blood splatter and decaying flesh stuck to my windows, brain matter sluggishly crawling down my stone work.  I'll never be the same again, and the only conclusion I came up with: violent media.  It's plagued our society for long enough and it must be stopped.
Batter Up.

Let me share a personal story that I haven't told anyone, ever: 
A few years back I was spending a perfectly good Saturday morning playing a violent video game, like a normal individual.  So there I was, in my underwear, barrel of cheese balls snuggled into my crotch, and bam—something clicked.  I can't really describe it, but it was like the perfect rule-following, society-loving person died and just a crazed shell remained. My brain and my emotions suddenly scrambled and I couldn't help but instantly jump up and run outside like a feral beast looking for food.

I heard a rumbling in the street about fifty feet away, and felt a shiver crawl up my legs.  I don't know why, but I ran to my shed and grabbed the only gun I had laying around at the time.  It's a hefty piece of equipment with automatic/semiautomatic firing, and a chainsaw's chain wrapping around the bottom of the barrel toward the trigger.  Now, I know what you're thinking: "Man, that gun is already outdated, he’d be better off with a full suit of armor that allows stealth, strength and speed."  And right you would be my friend, but alas, the chainsaw machine gun was all that hung in my shed that day.
A little off the top?

I holstered that sucker between my waist and forearm and went plowing toward the street.  No one but me seemed to notice the earth rattling, and I knew deep in my soul that only I would be able to stop it.  The rumbling I felt ceased for a split second and then it happened.  A sink hole erupted in the middle of the street and a grotesque humanoid crawled out.
Grrrr aghhh grrrr burp arghhh!

It grunted and stuck its lip out at me.  I just snapped.  Without thinking, I serpentine toward the towering beast and let fly a volley of assault bullets that tore the poor grunt down, but he hadn't fallen yet.  He just crawled toward me with outstretched hands.  But I couldn't help myself; I churned the chainsaw underneath the gun, the sheer power and sound thrilled me to my core, and I ripped him clear in half.  The grunt’s body lay underneath my feet, split from head to torso in a heap of flesh, acid blood and organs.  I raised the chainsaw machine gun high and howled at the sky.  My breathing heavy and fast, and yet I felt nothing.  Looking at the faces staring at me, an obscure human feeling rose up from my loins: shame.  What did I do? And more importantly—why?

After satisfying my urge to slaughter the grunt, I learned that he worked for a local florist and was attempting to deliver some flowers right before I slayed him.  It's a stain on my record and on my heart and I want to make a full apology to the grunt nation if I caused any type of harm or loathing toward mankind.

Because of this terrible mark on my record, when asked to save the galaxy from the reapers, I gracefully declined.  I just stood there frozen, with a Johnny Walker in my hands and started shaking.  Remembering Emergence Day rested too heavily upon my shoulders.  Fortunately, I do hear a valiant Commander by the name of Shepard picked up my torch.  All I can say is: I'm still here and the world is still here, so he must have done something right.  Apparently though, after all the decisions he made along the way, nothing really mattered, and he just ended up dying anyway.  It's really sad when you think about it.
We're here to stop the robots from stopping humanity, from stopping the robots.

All these lessons I've learned, I took and stored away in my torture chamber—the same place I use to play violent video games—and realized that there's a lesson to be learned.  Violent video games or any violent media, are bad for people, and create psycho tendencies in perfectly healthy humans that ruin our almost perfect society.  Video games shouldn't feature blood, aliens, death-dealing robots or vampires.  They should feature rainbows and butterflies and whales and panda bears.
There, don't you feel better already?

So needless to say, I burned all those brain melting games, just like the Nazis did books, and I'm happier for it.

Well, this action created more people jumping on board, because sometimes a person just wants to feel involved in anything, and together our small but mighty neighborhood had one heck of a video game bonfire going.  See, some people just decided that all games were bad and burned anything they had, and really...can you blame them?

It's really been peaceful since.  Not one crazy video game freak has done anything to ruin our perfect society.  Why, the other day a zombie was walking the street and a little girl offered up her ice cream to him; a kind gesture that made all our citizens proud.  Not to mention the zombie.  He was so thankful, he ate the ice cream and then just continued right on up her arm, and now little Jenny is a walking, talking, flesh-eating zombie too.  And her father couldn't be more delighted.
Hi, big daddy!

You would think that since our town is doing so well, we would have no further improvements to make.  You'd be wrong.  I personally instituted a drug program that will remove all emotions from society, and heading up the law enforcement branch will be an actor named, Christian (though he is fascinated with gun-kata, weird right?).  We're all very happy. 

Hope you have a wonderful day, and if there's one moral to take from all this, please remember: zombies, aliens, robots and grunts are people too.  Oh, and video games are bad, bad, bad.
______________________________________________________________________________

The above piece is to be read only as satire, and is in no way to be construed to make fun of any tragic events, recent or in the past.  We aim to make you and ourselves laugh, because if we don't, we’re afraid we'll cry.  We also believe that love, caring and faith starts at home with every parent.  It's not the act of telling someone you love them, it's showing them that you love them.  Our hearts go out to all victims in any crime.  And those souls, who have been lost, will forever remain in our prayers.

No comments: